[Thunar-dev] Tabbed feature

GX GLIX mailme_gx at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 04:43:08 CEST 2006

>Well, Firefox is a browser and Thunar a file manager. I don't think
>that tabbing belongs into a file manager. Just my thought about this
>topic.

yes you are more than correct to say that the 2 applications are different,
I was just using firefox as an example for the purpose of terminology and
concept.

I find tabs usefull in any application where you normally have multiple
instances, as for filemanager is is more than common that I have 3 or 4
instances open, as is with terminal windows. Total comander is a windowz
filemanager which supports a tab like feature.

I find that tabbs should be standard in the following types of applications:
Instant messanger chats
terminal windows
browsers
filemanagers
Office application suite

Like I said it should be an option as not all people will want to use it

GX