[Thunar-dev] Thunar eject/umount

Rodrigo Coacci rcoacci at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 01:11:08 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> Rodrigo Coacci wrote:
> > I don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes I just can't eject
> my
> > cdrom from thunar, but doing unmount and eject from xfdesktop it works
> > normally. I guess Thunar isn't unmounting before ejecting the cdrom, I
> > don't
> > know why.
> > Here is what it complains about:
> >
> > umount: /media/NFSMW_DISC2 não está na fstab (e você não é root)
> > eject: unmount of `/media/NFSMW_DISC2' failed.
> >
> > Also, doing just eject from xfdesktop (without "unmount" first), it
> > complains about the same thing.
> > Maybe eject action doesn't use pmount but unmount action uses it...
> Don't
> > know...
>
> Unfortunately you didn't post an english error message. But I guess that

The english message would be:

umount: /media/NFSMW_DISC2 isn't in fstab (and you are not root)
eject: unmount of `/media/NFSMW_DISC2' failed.

the problem is eject not using pmount.

Well, you mean *my* eject or Thunar's eject action? Because AFAIK my eject
is unaware of pmount/pumount. Should it be? Also I noticed xfdesktop (used)
to work here, maybe always performing an pumount before an eject?

Abraços,
      Rodrigo