[Thunar-dev] Hidding system directories

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 22:47:00 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Marcos Iuato <iuato at samurai.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The users that are going to iteract with thunar are not linux experts,
> so for questions of usability, there is a way to hide the system
> directory, so the users will not explore the files that are in the
> system directories.
>
> But there others applications that list the files form file system like
> firefox, openoffice, etc. How could I filter the listing of ths system
> directories in global way, so all application that can list files from
> file system will filter it.

Globally really isn't a Thunar question. And also pretty much
impossible, without either A) patching the system calls all those
various applications use, or B) systematically building a distribution
that makes all system folders start with a .

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Marcos Iuato

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room