[Thunar-dev] Disable File System option on Side Panel

Daryl Sayers daryl at ci.com.au
Wed Aug 23 06:12:21 CEST 2006

I am setting up a few X-Terminals that connect to a single host. Currently
that host is running kubuntu dapper. Using Thunar, I would like to remove
the 'File System' selection in the Side Panel for a set of users. Is this
possible.

I would also like to stop the Open Parent (Alt-Up) to stop at the users home
directory. As you can see, I am trying to restrict a set of users from being
able to navigate the system hierarchy and confine them to their home
directory. I am aware there are other issues, like typing a directory
directly into the Toolbar location selector but I am not so worried about that.

If Thunar is unable to do there restrictions then is there a more
appropriate File Manager to use.

--
Daryl Sayers                             Direct: +612 95525510
Corinthian Engineering                   Office: +612 95525500
26-32 Pirrama Rd                          email: daryl at ci.com.au
Pyrmont NSW 2009 Australia                  www: http://www.ci.com.au