[Thunar-dev] Network access in thunar?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Aug 12 22:57:21 CEST 2006

Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Sorry, I only read the trash spec now (and implemented
> http://www.scratchpost.org/hacks/trasher/ :)). I see that the trash
> directory name uses the user ID instead of the name. baaad.

Using the name would be even worse... But before this discussion becomes
totally off-topic, imagine a simple use case: You have a private website
were you upload stuff via FTP, and your quota is 5MB. Now you reached
4.9MB and want to delete some stuff. So deleting 20 images, up to
500KiB, but your total size is still 4.9MB!? How many people would look
into the trash now?

You see, this is not really a technical problem, but a usability problem.