[Thunar-dev] Network access in thunar?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Aug 12 18:58:07 CEST 2006

Stavros Giannouris wrote:

>>>Really? Why not? Put it in the remote trash... (still not ideal, I
>>>guess)
>>
>>Maybe there's some "Remote Trash Specification" that I do not know of
>>yet? ;-)
>
> Last time I checked, the fd.o trash spec stated that you may not use
> trash for remote filesystems. And this is my preference, too.

I was joking... there's of course no spec for remote trashing, and
taking into account the variaty of file and operating systems in the
network world, this wouldn't make sense at all. Just like trashing to
the home trash (as Nautilus does -> "Move To Trash") doesn't make sense
when browsing remote file systems (of course the situation is different
when you're using an NFS mounted homedir, etc).