[Thunar-dev] thunar = widget?

Danny Milosavljevic danny.milo at scratchpost.org
Sat Aug 12 14:27:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:40:46 -0400, Andrew Smith wrote:

> hello
>
> i'm sorry i'm asking this without doing much research, but i'm so
> excited about the idea :)
>
> i need two file browsers in an open source iso editor i'm making,
> http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/
>
> one to show files on the filesystem

I suggest you use a thunar instance in it's own window. Won't the two-pane
stuff ever die? Most aren't on PDAs where window managing is so limited
we'd actually need something like that :)

> and one to show files on the cd
> image.

I'd probably go the lazy route and make a special (real) folder somewhere
where one puts hardlinks of files to be burned and folders in. Then use a
slightly modified thunar to show that folder. Use mkisofs as usual. Done :)

cheers,
  Danny