[Thunar-dev] thunar = widget?

Andrew Smith asmith15 at learn.senecac.on.ca
Sat Aug 5 04:40:46 CEST 2006

hello

i'm sorry i'm asking this without doing much research, but i'm so
excited about the idea :)

i need two file browsers in an open source iso editor i'm making,
http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/

one to show files on the filesystem and one to show files on the cd image.

i'm wondering, would it be possible to use thunar as-is, without
copy-pasting code to do one or both of those tasks? so all of it would
be a widget in my app?

if not (surely thunar wasn't designed for this:)) could some kind soul
point me in the right direction in my quest to rip off the hard work you
guys did and include it in my application? it is (or rather, will be
when it's finished) gpled of course.

i'm trying to use pure gtk by the way, but considering the ammount of
work this would save me i think i'd be willing to add libexo to the list
of dependencies.

by the way, anyone have any idea how long until a stable thunar is released?

thanks!