[Thunar-dev] thunar-r22641 doesn't compile on OpenBSD-4.0-beta

Landry landry at fr.homeunix.org
Fri Aug 4 09:42:32 CEST 2006

Landry wrote:
> Sorry, i should have googled first, you're right. Where did you find
> this reference ?
>
> I compiled Thunar several times before, when does this thing has been
> added ?
> So, what's the workaround ? If i add an ugly
> ---
> #ifndef DT_WHT
> #define DT_WHT 14
> #endif
> ---
>
> on top of thunar-vfs-os-bsd.c, it still fails on
> ---
> thunar-vfs-os-bsd.c:88: warning: implicit declaration of function `getdents'
> ---
>
> man -k getdents returns nothing appropriate, so i think this function
> doesn't exist on openbsd.
I just checked on a linux system, where getdents() exists, and the
manual says :
This is not the function you are interested in.  Look at readdir(3) for
the POSIX conforming C library interface.  This page documents the bare
kernel system call interface.

Apparently, getdents() is not POSIX-compatible (maybe that's why it's
not implemented on openbsd).

Landry