[Thunar-dev] xfdesktop and thunar

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Apr 28 07:54:47 CEST 2006

Rodrigo Coacci wrote:
> Well finally, here are the screenshots:
>
> http://www.dcc.ufrj.br/~rcoacci/thunar.jpg
> http://www.dcc.ufrj.br/~rcoacci/xfdesktop.jpg
>
> The first one shows the properties dialog from Thunar
> an the second one, from xfdektop. Tha language is pt_BR. Notice the "??" in
> the xfdesktop dialog.
> Those are the last thunar and xfdesktop svn versions.
> Hope it helps

It's also weird that the file context menu on the desktop and parts of
the dialog are in English, if your locale is actually set to pt_BR. Were
both packages started with the same locale? Or do you manually (or
otherwise) switch locales after the desktop has started? This might be
completely off the mark, but personally I've never seen this problem.

BTW, as far as I understand, the dialog in xfdesktop is actually copied
from thunar, but isn't really the _same_ dialog. I recall seeing these
same strings in the translation files for both packages. So this has
possibly nothing to do with thunar and the thread should probably be on
xfce4-dev.

- Jari