[Thunar-dev] xfdesktop and thunar

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 05:32:42 CEST 2006

On 4/27/06, Rodrigo Coacci <rcoacci at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well finally, here are the screenshots:
>
> http://www.dcc.ufrj.br/~rcoacci/thunar.jpg
> http://www.dcc.ufrj.br/~rcoacci/xfdesktop.jpg
>
> The first one shows the properties dialog from Thunar
> an the second one, from xfdektop. Tha language is pt_BR. Notice the "??" in
> the xfdesktop dialog.
> Those are the last thunar and xfdesktop svn versions.
> Hope it helps

Im interested in the cause of this too. It seems like many
applications, Firefox and conky for example crap out, and display
garbage, when they encounter (utf8 i belive) characters they cant
handle. one common one in firefox is for apostraphes ( ' ' ' ) to
become something like &#%^. a simple word like can't morphs to
can&#^*t. interesting that this isnt a xfce only problem...