[Thunar-dev] For fans of Explorer's List View

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Apr 14 13:33:13 CEST 2006

Matt McClinch wrote:
> Hi all,

Hey Matt,

> Here is a new screenshot of the Compact List View:
> http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/thunar-compact-view.jpg
>
> Here are the updated patches:
> http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/libexo-compact-view.patch

Great stuff, thanks. That was requested several times. I committed the
ExoIconView patch with some fixes. There are still a few issue to
address, for example how should the list view look in RTL mode (you can
test RTL mode using LC_ALL=he_HE.UTF-8 or another RTL locale)? I CC'd
xfce-i18n, maybe the RTL translators know whats the best way here.

> http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/thunar-compact-view.patch
> Here are two new files to be added to thunar/thunar:
> http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/thunar-compact-view.h
> http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/thunar-compact-view.c

I'll look into adding this to Thunar now. The ThunarCompactView should
probably derive from ThunarIconView, or a common superclass, else all
icon view code is repeated.

Will break translations for the BETA1, unfortunately, but better its
better to include this with the BETA1, so it gets the required testing.

Translators: I planned to put everything together on sunday. Now with
this translation breakage (3-4 new strings in the GUI, not sure yet), is
it possible to update the translations in time? Otherwise we can do the
BETA1 on monday.

> Matt

Benedikt

PS: Matt, it would be nice if you could open bugzilla entries for these
kinds of patches in addition to posting them here, that makes it easier
to track them for me.