[Thunar-dev] thunar-media-rename-plugin

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Apr 5 20:00:32 CEST 2006

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>>Since the plugin has to open all files anyway, you could also add an
>>additional statfs()/statvfs() call and check whether the filesystem is
>>SMBFS, FAT, etc. and if so replace chars.
>
> Good idea. Can anyone point me to locations where I find information
> about supported characters for the different filesystems?

I bet you know this already, but... for UNIX file systems a file name
can contain everything but the slash ('/') character. For DOS/Windows
file systems, try to rename a file in Windows to something that includes
a backslash ('\'), IIRC Windows will popup a dialog which lists the
invalid characters.