[Thunar-dev] thunar-media-rename-plugin

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Apr 5 15:09:00 CEST 2006

samuel verstraete wrote:
> Hi,

Hey,

Skipping 1-4, see Jannis' mail.

> 5. I noticed a bug in thunar if you rename files in the same directory
> 3 times in a row... at a sudden moment the menu get's cropped an get
> two arrows... (this one is for you benny ;) ), i've tried taking a
> screenshot but import wouldn't do it... if you can not reproduce it
> please tell me then i'll take a photograph or something...anyway ways
> to reproduce: select files : right click > rename > take whatever you
> like > Rename button and then immediately right-click again (so keep
> the files selected) and do another rename action (do this 3 or 4 times
> in a row... suddenly the menu get's cropped and shows an up-pointing
> arrow on top and a down pointing arrow below... imho it's even a gtk
> bug ...

Sounds like a Gtk problem, since the menu positioning is completely
handled by GtkMenu.

> 6. i'd like to be able to keep the rename window open if i want...
> often i do several operations after each other on the same files and
> then it's interesting to keep the window open...

Use the standalone version (Thunar -B, or select "Bulk Rename" from the
menu). When bulk rename is invoked using F2 it is a replacement for the
simple rename dialog and as such closes after the files have been renamed.