[Thunar-dev] Fwd: Gnome is trying to decrease memory usage.

Xiong Jiang linuster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:19:32 CEST 2005

I am just a user not a programmer of software based on GTK+ but I feel very
sorry if GTK+ is on the track like what you guys expressed in this thread. I
like GTK a lot as I always prefer C over bloated (somehow) C++ language. And
GTK did very neat work too. I would think that many other people like GTK+
as me too.

If too much company interests are played in it, then eventually it will be
forked, just like Xorg forking out of XFree86. It's painful but it's still
good direction, towards the goal to build software strong, and flexible.
XFCE and Thunar will still be using the forked GTK+ then. :)

Thanks,
Xiong