[Thunar-dev] Fwd: Thunar rather than later... it's a website!

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Tue Sep 20 10:53:32 CEST 2005

>>>However, is it possible to cut down on the size of the sidebar a few
>>>pixels.
>>

>>Pixels? No. See my answer to Yo'av's post.
>

> I think you need to specify that small fonts should be used. That makes
> it look pretty good.
>
> -- b

So, what are small fonts? We should leave this decision to the user. 1em
is the font size of the user's choice. If you gow below this you ignore
his sake and this is plainly arrogant (remember: we are trying to please
users). Also, you shouldn't go above 1em for continuous text (like text
paragraphs, listings and such) since that makes up the main part of a
website.

Having said this, the goal should be to decrease the width of the
sidebar's content by using shorter words and such. Like

  >> Mailinglists

       thunar-dev
       thunar-workers

instead of