[Thunar-dev] Fallback website

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Fri Sep 9 12:37:03 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> [snip]
>

>>The website is written in strict XHTML and CSS. It's fully working,
>>including hyperlinks. The only thing missing is more information. The
>>color scheme is from Benedikt's personal web page. I figured if he liked
>>that color scheme it was good enough for Thunar.
>>

>Wow. Really good work. Just two things: It's too large (as Jasper
>already mentioned), it should fit into a 890x670 firefox window. And for
>official screenshots, please use one of the Clearlooks themes, as it
>gives a clean and neutral look.
>
>Besides that. Great work. Thanks.

Benedikt, Jasper,

I'm just about finished the new layout pages using NO TABLES. I'm trying
to choose the minimum web page width to minimize ugly overlap of page
elements when the browser window is narrowed. Just out of curiosity why
does the page have to fit into an 890x670 firefox window?  To set one
mimimum width across all elements I have placed the entire <body>
container to 890px will that be about right?

Jeff.