[Thunar-dev] Fallback website

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 7 12:08:40 CEST 2005

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

>>>If nobody minds I'd volunteer for preparing valid XHTML versions for
>>>BOTH website drafts by tomorrow.
>>>

>>I'm fine with that :P.
>>

>http://sten-net.de/thunar/nick/
>
>Slightly changed. The content is now able to wrap around the sidebar so
>that it can use the full width when it is much longer than the sidebar.
>If you dislike that undoing it won't be much of a problem. Number of
>divs was reduced to 2, screenshots still use a table (since floating
>lists would be a pain in the ass).
>
>Comments appreciated. I'm going to work on Jeff's layout, now.

Janis, I'm glad I caught you. I would like to do it myself if that's ok.
Not because I don't want your help... I do, but because I want to learn
how to do it properly. Otherwise I'll never learn. I have been reading
XHTML and CSS tutorials all day and have just started a complete rewrite
of the website... without tables. From my reading I gather your issue
with tables in XHTML is that tables are for displaying data and not for
page layout.

What would be a help is if I can email you when I'm done, so you can
have a look at my rewrite and tell me what you think.

Regards,
Jeff.