[Thunar-dev] SVN compile error messages

Erik Harrison erikharrison at xfce.org
Mon Sep 5 01:34:39 CEST 2005

On 9/4/05, Jeff Franks <jcfranks at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> I get these error messgaes with the latest SVN:

Jeff, I suspect something is wrong with with the build chain - make
distclean killed some header files for me.

What I did was rm -rf in the root of the source tree, svn up, and
rerun autogen.sh.

Everything built fine after that

> ../thunar-vfs/.libs/libthunar-vfs-1.so: undefined reference to
> `png_create_read_struct'
> ../thunar-vfs/.libs/libthunar-vfs-1.so: undefined reference to
> `png_read_info'
> ../thunar-vfs/.libs/libthunar-vfs-1.so: undefined reference to
> `png_get_text'
> ../thunar-vfs/.libs/libthunar-vfs-1.so: undefined reference to
> `png_destroy_read_struct'
> ../thunar-vfs/.libs/libthunar-vfs-1.so: undefined reference to
> `png_check_sig'
> ../thunar-vfs/.libs/libthunar-vfs-1.so: undefined reference to
> `png_create_info_struct'
> ../thunar-vfs/.libs/libthunar-vfs-1.so: undefined reference to `png_init_io'
>
> Jeff

"This brings me back to a time where I had no worries.
All I needed to do was watch Perfect Strangers."
-Erik