[Thunar-dev] Thumbnails (again)

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Sep 4 01:36:48 CEST 2005

Ok, we had that thumbnails discussion some time ago, and since there was
no real consensus about which way to go (separate thumb view or
thumbnails in all views), I just went the way most people seemed to
prefer, having thumbnails in all views (we can still add a separate
thumb view later with this solution).

The performance is quite ok from my current tests. Still I'd like
everybody to try it out and comment on the performance. Note that Thunar
cannot yet generate thumbnails of its own, so you'll need to visit the
target folders with another file manager (e.g. Nautilus) or a image
viewer capable of creating thumbnails first.