[Thunar-dev] Rename looks a bit weird

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:33:35 CEST 2005

On 9/2/05, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Jens Luedicke wrote:

> > instead of an inline cell editing thingy a rename dialog (window)?
> > (this is what I would prefer).
>
> I prefer to be consistent with other file managers here. And inline
> renaming seems to be the defacto default (except for some exotic file
> managers like ROX).

Rox's argument is that it's too close to double click, and too hard to
get right.

I've occasionally seen novice users rename files instead of open them,
and more often the opposite.

That said, I prefer inline

> > jens
>
> Benedikt

"This brings me back to a time where I had no worries.
All I needed to do was watch Perfect Strangers."
-Erik