[Thunar-dev] The Thunar Path

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Nov 16 19:02:34 CET 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>>Concerning "Enqueue in Xfmedia": This should be done as a desktop
>>>action, which thunar will support as soon I finish the patch.
>
> How do "desktop actions" work?

See the spec, key "Actions" (be sure to check the example as well):

http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s04.html

>  Is it something the application installs
> itself?

Kinda, yes, as it's part of the .desktop file. ;)

>  Or will the user have to create one manually?  It seems kinda
> silly to install an application and then have to do extra manual work to
> get it to work with your file manager.

Not sure what you mean, exactly. But in general there's nothing to
setup, except installing the .desktop file and running
update-desktop-database on the applications folder. Check the spec
(section "Registering MIME Types") for details.