[Thunar-dev] Crash when opening files

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Nov 14 21:10:46 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Benny,
>>
>> I just checked out libexo and thunar from /trunk and played around with
>> them a little bit. When opening some PDFs I noticed that, (almost)
>> whenever I opened a file, Thunar is closed. Notice the "almost", which
>> means that it doesn't happen all the time.
>>
>> My first guess is that it may depend on whether I set up the mime-type
>> to be opened with a custom program. But I'm unsure about this and I
>> can't proof this theory.
>>
>> See below for a backtrace of the crash.
>>
>> [SNIP]
>

> Hm, dunno why it crashes here, but there was indeed a bug in that
> function. Can you try again?
>
> BTW: Is Thunar compiled with startup-notification support?

I can confirm the bug, compiled with startup-notification. I also lost
a largish file when I canceled a folder move (or maybe when I actually
moved it right afterwards). No time to do any real testing in the near
future, sorry.

Anyway, thanks for Thunar. It's going to be (well, it already is) one
kick-ass filemanager.

> Benedikt

- Jari