[Thunar-dev] Name suggestion

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:33:23 CEST 2005

I always thought that leafpad was the best name for software ever.
Short, easy to say, conveys the function, while being unique. Leafpad
get's the number one hit for Google when you search for it's name, yet
it shounds like an everyday word.

Mousepad was named because I thought it was clever. Xfce has a mouse
in its logo, Leafpad was the software I forked, and a Mousepad is one
of those simple computer accesories that just about everyone has.

It's a good name, but it get's poor hits on Google.

In that vein, I always thought that Filer was the best name for a
filemanager ever, and searching for "Filer" get's you ROX first hit.
Searching for Nautilus gets you Gnome on hit two.

My own thought was "fastpath" for Thunar - computer term cleverly
reused to reflect the nature of the program.

--
CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik