[Thunar-dev] Name suggestion

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Mar 29 10:54:47 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>
>>> Xf-Rover kinda has a ring to it, or Pathways. I'm not too creative, but
>>> I think that gets the point across what is its function.
>>

>> XF-Ray. See into your filesystem. :-)
>> (Yes, I know it's silly)
>

> Not another Xf<whatever> name, please.

I second that =^)

To stir up things here's an alternative name, One that shows how
creative you can be, and inspired by 'digger' which sounds kinda lame
too me (too plain). As miners in the past explored (wink) the
mines(trees!) they used to carry a companion: a 'canary' which guarded
them against the evil of the mines. Words like this are simple, easy to
remember, do not associate with an existing fm and make good logos too.
So, thus another name proposal:

 -- canary --

=^)

sofar