[Thunar-dev] * ala firefox

Joel Jansson biitar at home.se
Mon Mar 21 19:06:08 CET 2005

Hejsan!

I've been thinking on userinterfaces and began to wonder why filmanagers usually have that sidebar and for me, this is a way to get fast access to another directory.

Well, I thought about the idea of having a userinterface where the catalogtree is shown in either a meny or by pressing a button on, or pressing the the mouse.

This would give you a big singel area for your file list and a fast way to change dirs. It could also create a small userinterface containing something like four buttons and a "Here you are"-panel(what is it called?).

The buttons could be back, home(to be pressed for a meny), up and forward.

Ok, this interface has it's drawbacks but it could work  ... but my guess is that it wont be add to thunar ;) ...

The primary interface they've choosen seems to be quite good, as long as you can choose away the sidebar.

Btw, with the development of thunar, wich will bring two filemanagers to xfce, will you be able to install xfce without either of them? (I am a bit new to linux(i away) and as I've understood, you cant install xfce without the filemangar, right?)

/biitar