[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Brian brian-schott at cox.net
Sat Mar 19 03:51:53 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Hm, how about one of these?
>
> http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/20050319-thunar_go1.png
> http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/20050319-thunar_go2.png
>
> Because having both the close and the go button in front of the entry
> widget looks really odd to me.

I prefer the second picture there, because it visually associates the
search bar with the icon view. It just seems more natural because the
bookmark pane isn't affected by the search.

Just out of curiosity, what theme are you using in your screenshots?
I've noticed that a lot of themes don't draw boxes around widgets like
they're supposed to. Just open up the Theme Preferences dialog and
switch between a few of them to see what I mean. For instance, there
should be a box drawn around the Font label and its button, but it only
shows up in about a third of the themes I have on my computer.