[Thunar-dev] hello to Thunar-dev!

Foxtrot simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:01:23 CET 2005

I'm gonna jump on here since I've failed miserably in introducing
myself earlier.

I have little programming experiences apart from various "Hello
World"s, but I have been searching for a good learning project for a
long time (learning not only relating to programming). I have various
ideas for Thunar, including using the sidebar as both a treeview and a
tab bar (mostly behavioural, as I was informed in IRC):

1) The ability to drag a GtkFileViewer-ish button to the sidebar, and
that path is made a tab that you can access with one click.
2) The sidebar is an expandable tree-view without the ugliness of xffm
(the arrows next to the text). The tree for one node opens as you DnD
over that node, so you get access to subfolders quickly and easily.

The current GtkFileViewer-layout screenshots look brilliant to me,
with the inclusion of several optional features such as a location bar
and a find bar ala Firefox.

The reason I don't want a spatial filemanager is because I found that
approach highly annoying in Nautilus (too many windows, had to close
them all the time), and because the behaviour mentioned above along
with the GtkFileViewer layout would eliminate the need for such a
feature.

If you wonder why I'm not writing my name, it's because that's just
how it is. ;-) If the need arises, I'll be sure to do so.

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."