[Thunar-dev] hello to Thunar-dev!

James Cho jamec at umich.edu
Thu Mar 17 20:49:09 CET 2005

Greetings,

I'm a longtime Windows user (who isn't?) but have used Linux for a
couple of years.  I also use OS X fairly frequently, but not for any
serious work.  I've used xfce for a few months now, and have many qualms
with how xffm is designed.  In short, what I consider to be the ideal
file manager design would be OS X's Finder plus an address box next to
the buttons row.  It's simple and allows for quick access to long
directory addresses, nothing more is needed I think.  Interestingly,
after years of Windows customization I eventually settled on  that
layout for folder windows in Explorer.  It works well and is very
compact, and it's what 90% of people need, nothing more.

Oh and I'm a student at the University of Michigan studying Aerospace
Engineering.

- jc