[Thunar-dev] Some UI Ideas

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Mon Mar 7 16:52:30 CET 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>>3. The ability to easily mount and browser remote systems via SSH,
>>FTP, NFS, and SMB.
>

> I don't think so. Use a 'big' filemanager, like nautilus for that. That's only
> my personal opinion though.

I think this is the job of a separate network browser. Maybe a similar
look-n-feel would be appropriate.

>>5. When you traverse up the directory structure, it should, a la Rox,
>>blink around the folder you just exited.  This may not be useful when
>>moving from, say, /usr to /, but it could help if you're going from
>>~/downloads up a level - because you might have directories called
>>~/torrents, ~/gift, ~/media, etc.
>>

> The filechooser buttons solve this nicely by showing the deepest hierarchy in
> the history, i.e. going up one level doesn't remove the button of the last
> directory.

One feature I like about ROX is the way it uses bold text for files and
directories that have been recently modified. It's a simple way of
automatically highlighting whatever you're currently working on.

-- b