[Thunar-dev] Re:Interface Thoughts.

Erik Peterson erik.exists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 22:41:34 CET 2005

>If I really
>need to see the contents of several directories simultaneously (that's
>the only advantage here, right?), I'd rather just open an extra window
>or two for a while.

Yes of course that is one advantage but the other, for me, is this
layout provides an excellent reference for where i am in the
filesystem in a very gui-like way and makes shifting about VERY rapid.
 If i am looking for file foo, which for me happens a lot,i have found
this sort of interface to easy for hoping about as a try to find my
file.  This probably means i need better organization/memory but I am
sure that i am no alone in that reguard.

 That bieng said I also really do like the potentail for a
gtk-filechooser like file broswer.

Erik