[Thunar-dev] GtkFileChooser-like UI

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Mar 4 21:24:54 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
>> Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>>
>>> As requested by Auke, here's a mockup with an UI that mimics the
>>> GtkFileChooser:
>>>
>>> http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-gtkfilechooser-like.png
>>>

>> This actually looks pretty good, but I'm afraid it will get a lot
>> worse if there is a toolbar as well.
>

> Try it:
>
> http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-ui-with-gtkfilechooser.tar.gz
>
> (View -> GtkFileChooser-like)

I just tried the mockup and I think this might actually be the greatest
thing since sliced bread, as long as there's a way to quickly jump into
known locations (the ctrl+l thing or something similar). I'd be using
it without the sidebar and the toolbar, just the gtk-filechooser-like
'location bar' and mostly in icon view.

This is a feature that should be seriously considered for inclusion.

> Benedikt

- Jari