[Thunar-dev] Some GUI Suggestions.

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Fri Mar 4 20:17:52 CET 2005

Auke Kok wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>> Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> WARNING: personal opinions expressed below!
>
> 1. lose the terminal button
> 2. add a 'root' button next to 'home'
> 3. tools/options might be too much for now
> 4. zooming? I never saw a reason for that unless the GUI provided me
> with either "too small" or "too large" views (so get it right, and get
> rid of the zoom buttons)
> 5. a power button? there's a 'X' in the top-right corner already
> 6. full menubar please!
>
> okay enough bashing... I need to learn how to make these mockups
> easily ;^).

Ok. My mistake. I know now that you're all literalists. I will be more
careful next time :-).

My images were meant to be taken macroscopically, and not digested down
to their menu item names or toolbar button images. These things should
be irrelevent details in the early planning stage. Write some code first
then decide on these things.

The point of the images was their simplicity. A menubar. A toolbar. An
icon view only default layout. A Statusbar. That's it.

Jeff.