[Thunar-dev] wiki and mime actions

Jaap Karssenberg j.g.karssenberg at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jun 30 15:10:22 CEST 2005

Good afternoon,

Two questions this time, the first very practical: could you give me a login for the wiki, I would like to fix the url for the daily patches and maybe organise a little bit there; maybe summerize some discussions from the list.

Second question more technical: what mechanism is planned to determine which application can open files of a certain mime type? The mime-actions-spec at freedesktop is pretty immature and I doubt very much that you want to copy rox here. I see that there is code in exo to use the xdg mime database, which is of course the freedesktop approved way to go, so I suppose for mime action you would do something xdg compatible ... just makes me wonder after all the discussions this subject caused on the xdg mailing lists.

-- Pardus