[Thunar-dev] Proposed preferences for Thunar

Benedikt Meurer benny at xfce.org
Wed Jun 29 11:51:21 CEST 2005

Yo'av Moshe wrote:
> In what method are the preferences going to be stored? A 'thunarrc'
> file or something like that?

The storage backend can be anything. The default will most probably be a
thunarrc.

> I'm just thinking that maybe we can have most of the preferences
> hidden, but have access, through the file, to them all. Something like
> Gecko's 'about:config'.

If somebody wants something like 'about:config', he can write an
external tool that modifies the configuration file. Thunar will reload
settings if the config file changes. There's no need to make it part of
Thunar.

> Yo'av.

Xfce  --  small, stable, fast  --  http://www.xfce.org/

           (__)