[Thunar-dev] Thunar-dev Digest, Vol 5, Issue 31

Peter hpklett at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:05:49 CEST 2005

>>>Concerning the panel thingy: Why a separate plugin? The launcher plugin
>>>can do this already.
>>>

>>Oh.  SICK!  I didn't know that!  Er, thank you!  Here's a thought
>>though: what about having the desktop be a drop box?  I suppose this
>>wouldn't work if we're putting icons on the desktop and would be more of
>>an xfdesktop addon/replacement, but what do you think of the idea?
>>

>Well, since Thunar will handle the desktop, it effectively turns the
>desktop into a "drop box" (the term "drop site" is more commonly used, tho).

I was referring to a "drop box" in a sense of opening in a new window.
So I have folder A, and I just drag folder A to the desktop to make a
new window.  I think it would be cool simply because I don't use desktop
icons; they make me lazy and I end up with an abhorrent desktop.

Here's another thought: what's the idea so far as to dragging files?  I
read somewhere in here that you're considering having a move/copy menu
just like rox?  I'm against this; I think it should be left-click drag
moves, right-click drag copies.  It's not hard to learn and it's more
efficient.

Again, I'm talking about my dream filer here, and hope my input can help
make Thunar even cooler.  (I love open source :D)