[Thunar-dev] Faites vos jeux! The ball is rolling

Lindsay Holmwood lindsay at holmwood.id.au
Wed Jun 1 04:36:47 CEST 2005

I've spoke to Jeff about Thunar a few weeks back, and he's really
interested in getting the Nautilus dudes talking with Thunar people
about collaboration. Jeff's in my local lug, and he's taken quite an
interest in Xfce over the last few months.

With the future directions of Topaz (Gnome 3.0), the gnome developer
community are looking at some massive changes on how users interact with
their computers. One of the things they want to rework is Nautilus, and
Jeff's really impressed with direction of Thunar's UI.

He suggested that code swapping between the Nautilus and Thunar projects
would be a good idea so there wouldn't be much of a need to rewrite
everything from scratch. (never mind that there isn't any code for
Thunar right now :-). A lot of Nautilus is bloat, but i'm sure the code
for some of the core stuff would be fine after a bit of clean-up.

Besides, if the Nautilus folk get onboard, it'll solve the
lack-of-C-programmers problem.

I'll have another chat to him when I get the time and pick his brains.

Cheers,
Lindsay