[Thunar-dev] Website reloaded

Henrik Andersen simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:38:55 CEST 2005

On 7/27/05, Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> Myles Green wrote:

> >>Sure (with slightly bigger fonts, tho).
> >>
> >>Maybe we can just do a poll for the website design?
> >>

> >Oh boy! Choices :-) Looking at the two designs side by side, I tend to
> >agree with Botsie - the above linked "site" does look cleaner. Add the
> >Viking pic and larger fonts and it's a winner.
> >
> >Just my $0.02 (CDN)
> >

> I even like the penguin, but I'll go with this layout and the viking ;^)
>
> sofar

If we are to use the viking, I suggest we ask for permission from the
person who made it (his website is at http://www.campomagnani.it/), so
that when people tell us they've already seen the image we can tell
them that we *do* have permission to use it. I can do this when
thunar-dev has reached a verdict.

I'll spruce up my design based on your comments and ideas that I've
had, and upload them later today when I have time. I'm not looking
forward to converting the "penguin" design to (semantic) XHTML/CSS,
though, as I've tried that before and it wasn't an enjoyable task.

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."