[Thunar-dev] feasibility of ExoIconView feature improvements

dannym dannym at xfce.org
Sun Jul 24 23:32:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 24.07.2005, 12:00 +0400 schrieb Artem Vakhitov:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for cutting in, since I'm just a lowly user and all, but still:
> shouldn't icons indeed be laid out in rows and columns? Wouldn't it look
> untidy otherwise? Why exactly is such a flexibility needed?

because on the desktop files better stay where I put them :)

I remember the place where on the desktop a certain file is, and later
expect it to still be there, i.e. stay there. if you have some kind of
auto-ordering code, it will usually be moved away.

Now if you meant just a "keep-on-grid"/"snap-to-grid" way of operation
which basically just keeps the icons apart enough to not collide, then I
agree, that would be better than totally free positioning :)

Then again, I didnt really use desktop icons for years (even _where_
they were available)... ;)

> Regards,
> Artem Vakhitov

cheers,