[Thunar-dev] Slow media

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jul 17 15:06:24 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Ok, I think I have a solution to the problem, which will only slightly
> slow down Thunar for 'fast folders', but provides full responsivness
> while loading 'slow folders'.
>
> I'll try to get to a usable state during the evening and upload a new
> snapshot later.

And here it is:

http://thunar.xfce.org/download/snapshots/devel/thunar-threaded-0.0.2.0084svn-20050717.tar.bz2

The ThunarVfsInfo related parts of ThunarVFS are now
threaded/thread-safe, which also means that libexo is now longer used
for the MIME typing stuff (I guess I'll remove ExoMimeInfo and
ExoMimeDatabase again). I imported the xdgmime module (with the libexo
patches) into thunar-vfs. But due to various problems in with the
xdgmime package, we'll need to replace it in the future.

The overall memory usage has slightly increased (it's now at around 3MB
after surfing through the file system for some time), but it's still
below Nautilus, Konqueror and Xffm. There are some bits we can safe, but
that will be optimized later.