[Thunar-dev] Proposed Feature: "Spring Loaded" directories.

Artem Vakhitov artem.vakhitov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 08:06:41 CEST 2005

Hi everybody, I'm new to the list ;-)

Ori Bernstein wrote:
<skipped>
>------
>
> Whem the file is released, then the default drag action is performed, and the
> drag target stays in place (Benny's main complaint with Konqeror was that it
> changed back to the source directory).
>
> The filer should *NOT* open a new window for dragging, but merely change within
> the same window, except in the case that the drag target is a desktop icon or
> some other form of directory that can't be navigated in-place, in which case a
> new window should open.
>
> As for returning to the source directory, the pathbar buttons act as a history
> well enough.

I find *changing* directories this way confusing and not very
productive: what if I have more than one file that I want to drag to
more than one destination? I would suggest opening a window in the form
of a callout from the parent directory of drag destination (with no
other controls except scrollbars).

Regards,
Artem Vakhitov