[Thunar-dev] Build/patch error

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Aug 29 22:30:09 CEST 2005

Anders Backefjall wrote:
> Error message:
>
> * Applying damn-amd64-incompatibility.patch ...
>
>  * Failed Patch: damn-amd64-incompatibility.patch !
>  *  (
> /usr/local/fluidportage/trunk/xfce-extra/thunar/files/damn-amd64-incompatibility.patch
> )

You should really report problems with ebuilds to the maintainers of the
ebuilds.

But I think I know what causes this problem: There was a problem with
certain architectures concerning the copying of varargs in
thunar-vfs-job.c, which I fixed some time ago. From what I know about
amd64, this problem would have affected amd64 too. So I guess you just
discovered an unnecessary patch there. As a quick fix: Get rid of the
patch and thinks should work. But don't forget to inform the gentoo
maintainer.