[Thunar-dev] Compiling SVN libexo

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Aug 1 12:37:13 CEST 2005

Erik Harrison wrote:
> It seems that Thunar SVN needs a more recent version of libexo from
> SVN than I have. So, after some small tribulations pulling the
> checkout [1] I began to built libexo.
>
> Despite changing removing --nonet from xsltproc in
> docs/reference/Makefile.am, xsltproc complains about being unable to
> acquire the docbook DTD, during make. I also tried --novaid.
> --disable-maintainer-mode to configure causes make to fail with:
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `exo-enum-types.c', needed by
> `libexo_0_3_la-exo-enum-types.lo'.  Stop.
> make[4]: Leaving directory

Sure, since disabling the maintainer mode disables the ability to build
auto-generated files. Therefore don't disable the maintainer mode if
you're building from a SVN sandbox.

Concerning the the docbook issue: You need to install docbook-xsl,
docbook-xml and gtk-doc (and probably some other packages, don't
remember exactly). And you need to setup your environment properly so
xsltproc is able to find all the required catalogs, this can be quite
painful depending on the Linux distribution you use.