[Thunar-dev] some help with new file manager > toolbars plz..

damanseb at hotmail.com damanseb at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:25:41 CEST 2005

I was bored so i started writing a window.c for the new file manager keeping
in mind the http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/ui:suggestion-20050320 suggestions..

I started working on programming in C/GTK a couple of days ago but i'm a
fast learner..
U might think, why the hell dive strait into something this complicated?
Well, seeing and doing it allows me to learn real fast; this is the best way
for me..

So, I added a menubar on my own that uses stock icons and it's working
allrite..

Screenshot: http://killabee.gotdns.org/xfce/filemanager/screenshot_fm.jpg

Now i've come to the option to display the toolbar..
GTK says its best to use GtkIconFactory loaded with stock and application
specific icons for the toolbar buttons
How this construction works simply doesn't make sense to maybe or maybe i'm
just not seeing it atm.
I don't know where to start with this..

My question: could somebody provide me with a sample of adding a toolbar to
a window?

Any help appreciated..

Thanks..

Sebastiaan