[Thunar-dev] Thunar ideas

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Apr 10 10:30:55 CEST 2005

Erik Harrison wrote:

>On Apr 9, 2005 2:29 PM, Corsac <corsac at corsac.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 10:01 -0700, Joe Crawford wrote:
>>
>>>Thunar looks great.
>>>
>>>I been reading the wiki, had some ideas:
>>>I reccomend that pressing "/" starts typing, (like in rox... / just
>>>makes sense to type locations!) when "/" is pressed, the path buttons
>>>get replaced by a url text entry widget. Also, a button should exist
>>>beside the path buttons that toggles it into a text entry and back
>>>again.
>>>
>>On azerty keyboards, you need shift to type / so it's not quicker than
>>Ctrl L, and far less intuitive I think.
>>(but azerty keyboards are not very common outside France)
>>

>But you would still have to type the slash to start the path anyway -
>by using the slash you effectively eliminate any overhead created by a
>keyboard shortcut.

But you don't always want to type in absolute paths. When you press
ctrl+L in gtk-filechooser you can immediately start typing a path
relative to the current folder (like '../../Desktop'). For some
reason you can't type in relative paths like this if you press / but
even if you could you'd need to press backspace first. To me at least
it makes sense to include both shortcuts.

>>>Sincerely,
>>>
>>>Joe Crawford
>>>
>>--
>>Corsac