[Thunar-dev] Thunar ideas

Joe Crawford joetainment at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 19:01:39 CEST 2005

Thunar looks great.

I been reading the wiki, had some ideas:

My biggest recommendation is to make sure bookmarks shows up in the
main menu, so that its accessible no matter what mode you are in.
(suppose favorites on sidebar aren't visible) Maybe that's what "go"
is for? If not, bookmarks should be added.

Also, the path buttons idea is great, but some people will still want
to type in a location. This has been a major complaint about spatial
nautilus, because they require a two-key combination Ctrl-L to access
the location typein dialog.

I reccomend that pressing "/" starts typing, (like in rox... / just
makes sense to type locations!) when "/" is pressed, the path buttons
get replaced by a url text entry widget. Also, a button should exist
beside the path buttons that toggles it into a text entry and back
again.

Also it said the right click menu should be kept very clean, no "make
iso" etc...
How about a "more..." entry? I personnally right click do do such
things all the time.

I do reccommend the list below as a minimum. People expect to be able
to right click for the following actions:

--
Open (replace this with Run for executables)
Open with...

Hopefully that's useful!

Sincerely,

Joe Crawford