[Installit-dev] Installation wizard commited

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Mar 30 00:06:50 CEST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:44:57 +0200
Jannis Pohlmann <info at sten-net.de> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I just commited a first, rough sketch of the installation wizard. In
> addition, I implemented the installation backend for Debian packages.
> As I am a Debian user myself and there's no configuration needed to be
> done before the installation, this was the fastest and easiest way to
> test if it works - and it does (at least as root).
>
> Would be nice if anyone having Debian installed could test the
> following scenario:

This is obsolete now. I decided to drop all backends except Source for
4.4. The packages and backend system isn't mature enough to handle all
the package resolving yet.

Source installation is almost finished except for the installation
itself (which requires installing to a temporary directory, tracking
the installed files and moving to the installation prefix). Ah, and
deinstallation also is missing so far.

Apart from that - do we really need different build schemes for the 4.4
release or can we just always use "./configure && make && make
install"? This would make things even easier.

Regards,
Jannis