[Installit-dev] TreeView/TreeModel implementation

Tuukka Mäkinen tukem at iki.fi
Tue Oct 4 21:58:19 CEST 2005

----- clip Lot of good stuff removed ----------
> This surely will cause some overhead and won’t solve every problem but
> it’s a good starting point, I think. Any comments on this?

I have no idea how to best implement such tree structure with categories
and groups so forgive me if my understanding and then what I write below
is completely wrong.

In the way to describe, if you unselect a group do you have to go
through all packages belonging to that group and see if it is still
enabled by some other group or explicit selection? Doesn't sound bad
unless groups can overlap. What I started thinking was counters. Add
selection counter to all packages so that you increase the counter when
the package is selected directly or indirectly and decrease it when it's
unselected. Anybody getting reminded of magic pointers or garbage
collection...

Well anyway just a thought.

Tuukka