[Goodies-dev] xfce4-notifyd - Clicking notification log items to activate actions

Ashley Stewart a.stewart.au at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:39:14 CEST 2018

Hi, this is my first time using a mailing list, so I apologise if I have
made errors in my usage.

I have made a patch to the xfce4-notifyd plugin which allows the user to
invoke the action associated with a notification by clicking on the menu
item in the notification log. I think this is a very useful feature.

My use case is this: I receive desktop notifications via xfce4-notifyd
when I receive emails, and the button in the notification opens my mail
client so that I can read the email just after it arrives. However, if I
am away from my keyboard, or I do not click the notification button,
then to read the email, I have to open my email client and find it,
instead of clicking a single button.

Would others find this useful?

Here is my change:
https://github.com/astewartau/xfce4-notifyd/commit/f6b244ca692dd352961e19567be039b1474fbe92