[Goodies-dev] Plan for release of xfce4-verve-plugin

Isaac Schemm isaacschemm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 18:06:40 CEST 2018

I'm the current maintainer of xfce4-verve-plugin.

You might notice that the current version still uses GTK2; this is
because verve-focus - a command that brings focus to the input box
(which you can bind to a keyboard shortcut) - uses the deprecated
glib/dbus way of doing things. I thought I might get around to learning
DBUS and re-implementing this, but I don't think that's going to happen.

So my plan right now is to release two versions of xfce4-verve-plugin: a
GTK3 version without verve-focus (2.0.0) and a GTK2 maintenance release
(1.2.0). Both versions will include a feature that allows the user to
set their own text and background colors.

Let me know if this sounds good or if there are any potential problems.
Hopefully, someone with a better understanding of DBUS can re-implement
verve-focus someday.

Isaac